You can find out if you have psoriasis, as your skin will exhibit rough, red, scaly patches. The medical society has yet to decide if psoriasis is an infection or allergic reaction. A person suffering from psoriasis not only aggravates a person but also makes the person very self- conscious. Some people even choose to wear clothing that completely covers the affected area.
The issue of psoriasis can be treated, and there are several different options for doing so. The list below will outline some of the steps that you can take.
1. Re-hydrating the skin is very important in order to cure psoriasis. A shower, swim or relaxing in the bath tub can help in many ways such as reduce itching, reduce redness, soften the scales and in removing them. Always remember that hot water can aggravate your condition by increasing the itching, so keep the water luke warm.
2. Soaking in water removes the oils from your skin, so it is very important that you moisturize your skin. Make sure using a lotion or cream after your bath to help replenish the moisture in your skin, and help sooth the psoriasis.
3. While choosing a bathing soap be very careful not to choose a soap that dries your skin. Harsh soaps often make your skin dry and aggravate the psoriasis condition. Choosing a mild soap with a moisturizing base would be your best choice.
4. Keeping the air in your house humid may help. A room humidifier is a good option incase it is dry and hot weather.
5. Psoriasis can be further aggravated by certain medications, like lithium, beta-blockers, and anti-malarials, to name a few. During your doctor visits, make it a point to tell your doctor about your psoriasis, as this may effect what type of medication they prescribe for you.
6. Psoriasis can be worsened by scratching, sun burn or by rough clothing.
7. Overweight people may suffer from worsened cases of psoriasis, and it is important to lose this weight to help make you more comfortable.
8. One should be very quick in treating infections such as streptococcal infections as then can trigger psoriasis in many people. If you are suffering from fever or sore throat, be sure that you see your doctor right away.
So far, they have not found a cure for psoriasis, but these steps will help in relieving the symptoms of psoriasis.